Had a very busy couple of weeks, here's what I've been up to...

Well, we had a Pamper Evening and Christmas shopping event at the end of November, all in aid of the pre school my boys went to. I had a stand there selling some 'Christmassy' cupcakes, one of the the least popular flavours was a Stollen cupcake which had cherries, raisins, mixed peel and cardamom in it and had a marzipan centre.


What to do with those leftover cupcakes.... well, we decided to have the parents and in-laws over for Sunday dinner as a little celebration of my boys gaining their first award at school.  So for pudding I sliced the cupcakes all up, laid them in a dish, made a lovely creamy custard and poured over then baked and this is what we got...







It came out all lovely and golden and ended up like a kind of bread pudding, it was lovely served with a big dollop of creme fraiche...





Pokemon cupcakes


These cupcakes were for a birthday order. The only Pokemon I knew of was Pikachu (the yellow one), I'd never heard of any of the others... still don't know their names! He was quite specific in that there was to be 'NO' pink. I used blue cupcake liners and made blue frosting, thought it helped to show the little characters better.







EEK.... there's bugs on my cupcakes!!!!


I made these for one of my boys school friends. He was undecided between an alligator cupcake cake or these buggy ones... he eventually chose the bugs and said they had to be really yukky.





We went sledging at the Snozone in Milton Keynes, it was great fun, though very tyring trudging up the slope carrying 3 sledges and practically 'dragging' one of my boys up there while the other almost crawled his way up. Next time daddy will have to come to help.


Well, the kitchen is calling, I have cupcake pops to make for tomorrow... I'll get back on and post my christmassy pics as soon as i can.

ta ta for now!

Comments

Popular Posts