ndali vanilla gift swap at Fortnum & Mason

I am delighted to have been invited to Fortnum & Mason on Monday 23rd September to take part in the Ndali Vanilla Fair Trade Gift Swap by Vanessa Kimbell.


Vanessa's blog post on her trip to Uganda highlights the need for fairness for the vanilla farmers to enable them to protect their crops from gangs who go on to sell it at a cheaper price before it has had chance to fully ripen.

So, I'm now sitting here surrounded by various recipe books looking for inspiration for what to make as my contribution to the gift swap. It goes without saying there will be cupcakes... and being as my favourite flavour is pure vanilla then these will definitely be accompanying me. 

I thought it would be fun to try something different too, it's just deciding whether that should be biscuits, sweets or preserves... the choices are endless (and it's making me hungry scouring these delicious recipes)!

Please check out Vanessa's blog for the full story and to learn about the work Lulu Sturdy (owner of ndali estate) has done to get a Fairtrade deal for the farmers.

And I shall look forward to posting recipes and pictures next week after the event.

As always, happy baking

Julie x

Comments

Popular Posts