Russell Hobbs Capsule Collection - for your friends
Pesto and Salmon Drop Scones
2 tbsp Pesto sauce
100ml (4 fl oz) milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Crème fraîche or sour cream
55g (2 oz) smoked salmon, make up into small rolls
For the Garnish:
Chopped fresh dill
- Place the flour in the Desire Food Processor bowl. Add the egg, pesto sauce and half the milk and blend on a slow speed. Thin to a dropping consistency with the remaining milk. Season.
- Wipe a sauce pan or hotplate with a little oil on a piece of kitchen paper. Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the hotplate, when bubbles rise to the surface, turn over and cook the other side.
- Place the mini pancakes on a serving plate, top each with a spoon of sour cream and a roll of smoked salmon. Scatter chopped dill on top
- Place the peeled onion, black olives and the herbs into your Desire Mini Chopper and blitz for 15 – 20 seconds.
- Cut your tomato into quarters and remove the centres then add to the mix and blitz for a further 10 – 15 seconds. Add a pinch of salt and some cracked black pepper.
- Peel the potatoes and then slice them in your Desire Food Processor.
- Add the crushed garlic and the slightly softened butter
- Take an oval medium sized baking dish and smear the sides and base of the dish with garlic butter. Layer the potatoes in the dish, seasoning as you go with parsley and salt & pepper to create four layers
- Add the cream and milk mix to almost cover the top layer
- Take the chicken breast and cut them along the long side – butterflying them out. Place a good spoonful of the mixture along the central section of the butterfly. Then fold over to recreate the chicken breast shape again
- Use your Desire Mini Chopper again to create some breadcrumbs. Put some flour into a bowl and add salt and pepper. Then, whisk the egg in a separate bowl
- Put the potatoes dish into a pre-heated fan oven 150 C (non-fan oven 170 C). Bake for around 40 minutes. The top will have a good brown colour and the mix should be just a little runny
- Meanwhile, dip the chicken in the seasoned flour, dip in the egg wash and then roll in the breadcrumbs
- Place the chicken on to a baking tray and place in for 30 - 35 minutes. At 15 - 20 minutes turn once to ensure a lovely golden colour all over
No bake cheesecakeServes 6
- Crush the digestive biscuits and mix with the melted butter and 1 tablespoon of the caster sugar. Press into a 18cm (7 in) cake tin and refrigerate.
- Whip cream until soft peak stage. Add cooled melted chocolate, then the cocoa powder mix. Blend well and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and remaining sugar together. Fold in cream/chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly using your Kitchen Machine.
- Spread into tin on top of crushed biscuits. Freeze for one hour
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, then serve with a dollop of creme fraiche and fresh strawberries.
Capsule Collection for your family
Photos and recipes courtesy of Russell Hobbs