Fluffy cinnamon French toast for breakfast?
2 large eggs
100ml milk1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (not essence)
2 tsp groundnut oil
Quarter of a pineapple, sliced and cut into chunks about 0.5cm thick
Handful of strawberries, quartered
Handful of blueberries
- Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a bowl (rectangle if you have one) until well combined.
- Heat 1tsp of butter and 1tsp groundnut oil in a large frying or saute pan over a medium high heat.
- Dunk 2 slices of bread in the egg mixture, making sure you coat both sides well.
- Place in the pan and cook on both sides until puffed up and golden.
- At the same time add half the sliced banana and pineapple and cook until slightly caramelised. They should take about the same time to cook.
- Serve hot with the fresh strawberries and blueberries, a drizzle of agave and a dusting of icing sugar.
- Repeat above with the remaining bread and fruit.